Friday 16 December 2011

Mizuno MP-58 Irons

  Mizuno are world renowned for manufacturing some of the best irons on the market and a substantial number of top golfers have had them in their carry bags throughout the years. 
  Introducing the new Mizuno MP-58 Irons with revolutionary DUAL MUSCLE TITANIUMT Technology! During the complex Grain Flow Forging® process, a high tech Titanium metal is forged into the outer muscle of the irons, which not only delivers the feel, workablity and shapes every MP Player desires, but also takes playability in an MP iron to a whole new technological level. The lightweight characteristics of the pure Titanium utilized in the Mizuno MP-58 Irons allow for an ideal amount of thickness behind the impact area to ensure the legendary soft, solid and consistent feel one expects from a Mizuno iron, while simultaneously providing a dramatic increase in perimeter weighting for enhanced playability. One of the most underrated parts of a club is its look and feel. The look can inspire good mental thoughts and the feel and feedback will reinforce them. While the Mizuno MP-58 Irons may not look as simple or pure as a traditional blade, there might not be a better looking dual muscle club out there. The feel impresses even more and is exactly what you'd expect out of a Mizuno club.
  I'll be the first to admit, that when it comes to playing blades, I'm not the most exacting player. I used to play to an 11 handicap, and am usually, as of late, more of a 15. Still, I kid myself from time to time that I am going to buy a new set of blades someday, and get back down to the single digits. These are some of the first blades in a long time that really tempted me. But then, reality reared its ugly head on a couple of nasty dog legs where I overcooked both my draw and my cut. C'est la vie! If I ever do get back to a bit better level of play--these are the clubs I would purchase. Please allow me the opportunity to tell you why.

  With the Mizuno MP-58 Irons looking and feeling as good as they did, I was hoping they would perform at a high level too. It took a few swings on the range but once I got in a groove there was no doubt.
I spent about 45 minutes going through a normal range session and swapped in and out the 695s and the Mizuno MP-58 Irons. I started with the wedge and worked my way up to the long irons. The shorter irons were where you could feel the softness the most, but it didn't affect the performance one bit. The ball had a slightly higher launch angle but the distance was nearly identical. I swapped the 8- Mizuno MP-58 Irons out on four successive shots and I don't think there was more than a three-yard difference between each landing spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment