Saturday 28 January 2012

Add Mizuno MP-59 to Your Bag

  When I first started chatting with the Mizuno people about getting some irons to review, I was excited. The new MP line was coming out and their MP-69s looked exactly like the blades I once had owned in my Titleist 690-MBs. It's true, nobody, not even Tiger Woods, needs to hit blades with the technology out there these days, but having those in the bag is just cool. Sadly, the curse of the southpaw got me, as I was informed the 69s wouldn't be molded lefty.
  The disappointed lasted until the box of Mizuno MP-59 Irons arrived. A "full cavity forgiveness in a player's half cavity design" as their site informs us, the Mizuno MP-59 Irons are exactly what I was looking for. Playing 18 holes with my uncle, the most popular cart partner in my golfing Rolodex, confirmed it. He admitted that carrying these irons would get more of the "player that thinks he needs blades even though he doesn't" group interested, because they're just so darn good looking without all the additions that can make certain irons look clunky.
  The Mizuno MP-59 Irons feature a lightweight Titanium insert forged directly into the back of the club head. The thicker Ti Muscle material behind impact ensures that the centre of gravity is located closer to the clubface, which allows better players the ability to work shots whilst still offering the forgiveness of the cavity-back design.
  The Mizuno MP-59 Irons is an evolution of the successful MP-58 model. With the Ti weight added to the Mizuno MP-59 Irons, off-center strikes will benefit from even greater stability. The appearance of the MP-59s is also improved by reducing the offset as a result of this improved stability. Thanks to the help of Mizuno's Tour Staff, the Mizuno MP-59 Irons now features a thinner top-line, a weightier sole and a new sole grind.

  Great irons!! I just got them a couple of weeks ago (3-pw) and love them. As a lefty, I was surprised to have them so quickly. I was fitted for them at a demo day with Dynamic Gold XP S-300's and -1 flat. The first hit with the 6 iron is when I knew I had to have them. Previous irons were Callaway X-22 tours with Nippon 990's. Great feel and sound!!

No comments:

Post a Comment